Insider Tips Release
For Immediate Release
Insider Tips for This Weekend’s Hop Scotch Beer & Scotch Festival
Hop, skip, swirl and swagger with behind-the-scenes scoop on the Mad Men-inspired event of the season
(Seattle, Wash.) February 19, 2013 – This weekend, February 23 & 24, head indoors at Fremont Studios as it transforms into a swanky beverage tasting playground for Hop Scotch Beer & Scotch Festival benefiting the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF). We’ve gathered up tidbits of advice from Hop Scotch veterans to help you get the most out of this Mad Men-inspired beer, Scotch and spirit tasting event.
- Buy tickets in advance online to guarantee your Hop Scotch spot. BONUS: Get three extra tasting tokens when you use the code “ALE” at checkout.
- Want to feel like a Hop Scotch VIP? Opt for tickets to the NEW all-you-can-enjoy Whiskey Lunch on Saturday from 11:00am to 2:00pm featuring bites from 20 select eateries.
- Events are always more fun when you dress up! Slip on a headband or sport your favorite suit jacket to embody a bit of that 60’s vibe.
- Come early to taste with space (elbow room and time). It takes about two to three hours to enjoy the festival and use up all of your tasting tokens.
- Pace yourself! Those 5oz. beers may look small, but they are nearly half a pint, and most offer a big punch. Sample responsibly and take time to savor your Hop Scotch beverages.
- When sampling beer, taste light to dark when thinking about your line-up. Visit HopScotchTasting.com/breweries for full brew descriptions.
- Allergic to gluten? No worries! You can still enjoy Hop Scotch by using your tokens to sample from three wines and nine ciders.
Hop Scotch Gets Social: